Monday, November 1, 2010

Oct. 25, 2010

HELLO!!! Ok so cambios- bueno, everyone got changed except for me and my comp! haha my poor comps, I think they have this curse, that si o si they have to be with me for more than 2 changes. Normally people are together, maximum 2 changes. I was with Remache for 4 (6 months) and now this is my 3rd with Messina (4 1/2 months) and we'll see what happens next change. Yikes!! La verdad is that I miss Luque, but I'm trying to stop comparing because that makes things worse. Let's just say that I think we broke the contact record of the mission. We contacted SO MANY PEOPLE this week and got rejected SO MANY TIMES! Ha that's a real good spirit booster. Man yesterday I almost had a break down, because we had been finding all day, because they were like yeah you should find on Sundays because that is when all the family is home and it'll be great, and we have almost 0 progressing investigators right now-- so sad I know (let's not even talk about how many people we passed for yesterday morning to go to church with us and how we got the most ridiculous excuses, ha I just had to keep telling myself- you can't force people, because all I really wanted to do was dragg them by their ears and be like, listen you'll thank me later. It's just sad because this is so IMPORTANT and there are so many BLESSINGS and then to just see how they are just rejecting the blessings...blah yeah) ok so we were out finding yesterday and we were excited because this is like the only part of are area we haven't contacted yet, so were like perfect, this'll be great! So after being rejected for about 2 or 3 hours straight, we got to this home and a young couple came out and they were so cute and looked so nice, and they actually came all the way out to the front gate to listen to us, perfect! So I did our lil shpill and asked if we could come in and share more, and he just looked me straight in the eye and said NO and ha I don't know why that affected me so bad (probably because I was so excited bc I thought that finally someone was going to let us in) and I almost just started crying, and I was like is it ok if we just pass by right here in front and share for a couple minutes, another NO with an explanation of how they were catholic and la di da. Yeah that is pretty much how our week went. Ha and at the end of the day we always do a list of 'gracias' and after one long day, we were just sitting thinking, and Hna Messina pops up and says, "Today was a great day! You know why? Because we talked to a million people and now they all know where the church is." Yep, that's my comp. Ha I started busting out laughing, yep that is exactly right. So we are planting seeds, but that's important too! And maybe, just maybe we'll find a seed that was already planted from other missionaries that is ready to harvest! like dad said, it's all just kinda a mental game. But we are in the greatest work that there is- we are proclaiming the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It doesn't get any better than this! Nobody ever said it would be easy, and I am learning that. But man I am learning so many great things that are going to help me for the rest of my life and hopefully yall are receiving blessings for my service too! And mom I loved the whole part about the baptism stories, but I don't have time right now, so I'll do that next week! Oh and this week I also got a retarted foot. I think I rolled my ankle, I was jumping on a wet surface and totally biffed it and now I just walk like a retard and it kinda hurts but yo tengo la culpa. Alright I hope yall have a great week, oh and a great Halloween!!! fUN FUN! Love yall!! Thanks so much for the emails and prayers and love, I need it! Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment