Monday, November 8, 2010

Nov. 8, 2010

Alrighty!! Ha I loved reading Ty's like past 2 emails, because that is exactly how it is here! So I know how you feel bud. Satan is working hard, but the gospel is true, our sides going to win, but times are getting crazy. And they are doing all these changes in the mission all over the world, and I LOVE IT! It's just showing you how serious this is, we are in the last days people! This message has got to be spread and we are the missionaries that are spreading it! Woot woot! And mom that girl, is the girl that is here, she ended up coming early because her spanish is so good, unless there is another girl that comes with that same exact name. Ok aver- this week my comp and I started our like music class! It is so cute! Ok la verdad is that I don't do anything- I take the pictures, but my comp is teaching people how to play the piano, and I'm learning too, it's great! We only had a couple people come, the idea is to get more investigators, so we'll see what happens! Ok and yesterday our fast and testimony meeting was amazing, I don't really know why, but the Spirit was so so strong! And I just about cried the whole way through it! And then our RS class was really good too! The teacher started the class with 2 questions. 1. What is the Book of Mormon? 2. What does the Book of Mormon mean to you? And the class was just full of testimonies and it was fabulous. It was so neat, because that is what we are teaching every day! So I'll just invite you to answer those questions for yourselves. But I also loved Ty's testimony about the Book of Mormon. It is the clave people! The keystone of our religion! And it was really cool because yesterday there was a kid in sacrament that I had never seen before so I went up and talked to him and turns out he is from a different area and he had been invited to church by a friend and so he came! His name is Diego and he's 20. And he just stuck with us through church and had so many questions and then we met with him at the temple after lunch and shared with him about the restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. It was FABULOUS! He would not live in our area ha, but man it just felt good to teach! And to teach someone that was actually interested and excited! Here in our area we end up just teaching in the door because people don't let us in and if they do let us in they want us out as soon as possible and we haven't had any progressive investigators in a really long time (bueno we were looking at the history of this area over the last year and there have been 7 baptisms and only 1 is active and she goes because she works for a really active family). It's challenging to find people who actually want to listen. And yeah I'm sure that is how the state and europe missions are-tough! But bueno, so we just taught him and it was like the perfect lesson! He asked questions, we asked questions, we bore testimony and the Spirit was there! Gave him the invitation to be baptized-accepted with enthusiasm. Yeah, he is one of those golden people, unfortunately he doesn't live in our area, but it was just cool! He will definitely be a missionary! And it just made me excited and reminded me that YES, there are people out there, that are looking for the truth and that want to know the truth! Ha that is one of the first things he told us. I asked him why he had decided to come to church, and he was like well I'm looking for the true church. Beautiful. Ahhh. good stuff! I LOVE the gospel of Jesus Christ! It is true! In fact, the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church in the world! Y porque? Because it has la autoridad de Dios. Buenisimo! Sacerdocio, priesthood! We have a living prophet of God on the earth. Does life get better?! I love it love it love it! The mission is just the best. I love being here. I love all the experiences because you just learn and grow so much! Ha and that is what I need :) Alright I love all of yall! Thanks for all the letters!! Have a great week!


Love,


Hermanita Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment