Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mar. 28, 2011

Hola los estados unidos!!!! Alrighty, I have no time bc today was crazy, but I´ll give yall a lil somethin something. Ok so justamente on the 23rd (my official last day of my mission), I woke up feeling TERRIBLE. But woke up at the usual hour 6:30 to do our usual caminata- our lil walk around the neighborhood, and just about died and we had to turn around and come home early. But we continued with the usual and after studies I went and laid down a lil bit before we went out to work. Well the whole time we´re out working I just feel so terrible and weak and can´t breathe and yeah... to make a long story short, I almost blacked out on the colectivo and everyone on the colectivo was freaking out and the chofer wanted to drive us to the hospital- out of his route- to make sure I was ok. We´ll save that story for after the mission, but basically we got back home as soon as we could and I hit the bed and was out. I don´t know what happened to me, I´m pretty sure it was some bicho- a bug- because I had chivivi (I´ll explain after the mish) the whole time and couldn´t eat anything and felt like death for 2 days straight. Bleh. Hna Tuaone also got way worse with her cold and we were both so sick and so pathetic. It was so sad. And right now, I´m pretty sure I still have some kinda bug, but I´ll be fine. But I really feel so blessed because the Lord blessed us so much even though we were out of work for 2 days! We saw so many lil miracles, lil tender mercies. Juana-an old investigator who we haven´t seen or talked to in over a month, we decided to randomly go to her house and we were really nervous bc we didn´t know how it would go, but it turned out sooo good! Unfortunately she can´t fully progress right now because her husband won´t give her permission to go to church or anything, BUT she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she is so excited to go to conference and it was just great, I´ll explain the full story later. Another thing, for the first time EVER Graciela´s husband shared with us. It was incredible! A complete change of heart. I don´t know what happened! It was a miracle and he accepted a baptismal date. So cool! Also we have such an incredible investigator right now, Gisel, who is just SO prepared for the gospel and loves it and recieved an answer and is just so legit. She is the cutest and I am so excited for her and it is just such a joy to teach her! And then yesterday we had one of the COOLEST lessons I´ve ever had in my mission. The spirit was SO strong and everything just went SO smoothly, the Lord was just guiding everything! With this man that we contacted the week before, we found his house and taught him for the first time. It was just like the perfect lesson, everything you want an investigator to do. Ahh and as I was testifying about the Book of Mormon, he interrupted me, and he´s like I´m sorry but I just have to ask you a question. If you die right now, do you think you will be able to live with God? ANd I was like ah ojala (hopefully), and I was like I´ll tell you what. I don´t know what would happen, but I do know that I am in the right path. That the gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer. And that it is through a baptism with the authority, which is the first step to enter into the kingdom of God. And I know that this is the true church of God on the earth today, etc. And then he was like you just seem soo sure, I can tell that you know what you are saying is true. I want to feel like that and have that surety. I want to know too. Ahhhh... I was like perfect. And then we just went on to testify and invited him to be baptized. ANd he was like absolutely. And he is really excited about the conference as well. Ahhh I amm SOOOO excited about conference! And we are just make everyone sooo excited!!! I can´t wait!!! I know this week is going to be sooo awesome!! I love yall! Thank yall all so much for the emails! I don´t have time to write individual emails, but next week! And thanks Angela and Alisa for your blogs, chulina! ANd thanks grandma and pops and mom and alena and mamma wariner and emily and hna case and g and todos! Love yall! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermanita Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment