Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010

Ahh I'm so excited to be able to talk to yall in a week! How fun! Prepare yourselves because I'll probably be speaking a mixture of guarani, spanish, and english! Ok so this past week, I was able to witness something so special and sacred for me! One of my converts, Emilio who was baptized 3 months ago (crazy how fast time flies!) is just a stud. As yall know, he has been blessing the sacrament ever since he was baptized, and about a month ago he entered in the temple for the first time, and this past Friday, he performed a baptism! It has been so rewarding to see the gospel change his life and to see how happy he is with the gospel. He is the only person in his family who is a member and his mom does not like the church or us lol but he is so fiel. He also just got his papers to start filling out from the bishop for his mission. He says right now, that it is the most important thing for him and he hopes and prays that he will be able to serve our Heavenly Father. And then to see him baptize Alcides! Ahh just so rewarding because it was a miracle that Alcides decided to get baptized. I was at the point of thinking it was hopeless for him to decide to get baptized and then I was able to witness a miracle! He changed his mind and on Friday he was baptized and received the Holy Ghost. That is what it is all about!!! Moments so sacred and special like that are what make all the hard times worth it. I feel so blessed to be a part of this work and to see the gospel change lives and to see and witness the power that the Book of Mormon really does have. The church is so true! I love being a missionary! I honestly tried to send a picture but it’s just not working out and it takes up too much time, BUT I’m going to send my chip (memory card) home with Hna Case and she’s gonna send it to yall…so in about a month you should be getting a good chunk of pictures! In fast and testimony meeting on Sunday, Manu got up to bear his testimony and he started talking about the Book of Mormon and how they are still planchas de oro (plates of gold) that each Book of Mormon is of that same worth and more! And how these records had been hidden up for years to be brought to pass at this time for us! I really liked it. Honestly the Book of Mormon is not just another book from another religion. It is the word of God, written for us. It is our guidance and map in this crazy world. It is such pure evidence that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know that God loves us. I know that he sent his son, Jesus Christ to die for us, so that we might live eternally with them. Ohhh the church is just so true! Yesterday (Monday) we had an hermana activity that we do about every 3 months, where all the hermanas get together and we do something. Yesterday we went to a baby hospital and handed out lil baby blankets and then went to the Wade’s to eat lunch. And after the 4 hermana’s that are leaving got up to bear their testimonies to the rest of us. Tear fest…yes. But as they were talking I just kept thinking, WOW this gospel is so perfect! And we know all about it! Sometimes it just blows my mind when the people don’t want it. Ha for me it’s just so simple and so obviously true. I dunno cada dia I just feel more and more blessed to have the knowledge of his gospel and to have the opportunity to share it with others. So awesome! Love the mish. Not gonna lie, it’s really hard, but like I said moments like watching Emilio baptizing Alcides make it all worth it. And honestly the Lord’s hand is everywhere in the work, you just have to recognize it. Love yall so much! Oh and thanks for forwarding Nick’s email…what a stud. Lol he’s gonna be such a good missionary! And I’m so excited for Steve! I can’t wait to hear where he’s gonna go! And oh man I can’t believe Elder Curtis is going home so soon! I don’t know if I’ll see him again before he leaves…so yall might see him before me! So you better tell him, he better write me! Que rapido!!! And mom that’s so tyte about the DT. Que guapa. I’m excited to hear what happens with that! And which picture did you use? Bueno, g2g. Chao!!! Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment