Monday, April 26, 2010

This Should Make Y'all Smile

¿Mbae cha pa? Wow it sounds like yall had quite the week!!! So much for our quiet lil cul-de-sac! That is insane! Haha I was laughing so hard when I was reading that whole story, because I was just picturing how scared yall must have been and remembering how scared we were that one time when Lucky was barking like crazy. Pobrecitas! Haha but I'm glad everything's ok and that no one was actually in our house! Ok and Ty is a stupbrain (man I haven't used that word in forever but it just came to me lol) like he didn't write! And I didn't get anybody's blogs post this week (Angela, Alisa or Ty..so I don't know if that's because they didn't have any or what). And ah man Nick is on his way to Russia!!! Sis. Andersen are you freaking out?! Haha. Ok and mom I want to see a picture of the scrapbooking room with the wood table! Oh man and gracias gracias gracias a mis abuelos por el paquete. Estoy muy muy muy animada! Es perfecto y estoy animada a recibirlo...y mi compañera tambien! Ha ok I have a funny story! So there's this lady that has a son who's 18 years old and bueno she just loves me for some reason. And we went to her house the other day and she was there with her sister and her mom, and we walked in and she was just so excited. And she was like “look at my beautiful nuera (daughter in law), she's rubia (blonde) and she's Americana...and she just loves Romu (her son).” I was like wow, what in the world and my companion was laughing hysterically. And then she explains to her mom who I am in guarani (and her mom is like 80ish years old) and she just looks at me and gets so excited. And then she asked me if I know how to cook and wash clothes. Ha I was like...yes... and she was like perfect because you'll be cooking for me and washing my clothes. Haha cri cri (awkward) no it was so funny, and I was like ha no thank you. Lol and then later that week we're in a cita (lesson) and then we here her (se llama Baldomera) and she starts talking to the people we were with and telling them that I was going to marry her handsome son and how perfect I am and blah blah blah. And then we went to talk to her and she was like, look there he is! So churro, go talk to him! Lol the lady is crazy, but SO FUNNY! We just laugh everytime we're with her. Y otra historia...we were doing contacts the other night and we were talking to these girls and then this man pulled up on his bike, and started telling me how beautiful I am and asked me if I would marry him. Lol oh Paraguay! It is so fun. I'm going to miss all that when I go back to the states lol. It's not everyday that people tell you how beautiful you are and ask you to marry them. Love it. Ok and Emilio just a lil stud. The last two Sundays he's broughten (ha I don't know if that's a word) friends with him to church. He's such a lil missionary! Ok and one more story; I don't know if I've ever even told you about Alcides, but we have been teaching Alcides por casi dos meses and he is just a stud. He loves reading the Book of Mormon and going to church and he's such a missionary. He's always telling his friends about the church and reading to them parts of the Book of Mormon. It's awesome because there have been a couple of different times when we're contacting or finding around where he lives and people will be like oh yeah, "Alcides goes to your church and he's invited me a couple times" or "yeah I've heard of the Book of Mormon, Alcides was telling me about it". Que misionero, ¿verdad? Everything about him is just golden but for some reason he does not want to get baptized. He would just say over and over how he didn't want to, he didn't have the deseos (desires). He knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and everything, but for some reason he just does not want to get baptized. We decided to go ahead and do the baptismal interview anyway and had the elders come for a surprise one day. Turns out he had a problem with question 4 and so he had to have an interview withPresident Wade, and after his interview Pres. Wade said he's worthy to be baptized. But even after that he still said he didn't want to! My companion and I didn't know what more we could do and then we decided we should fast. We went to his house the next day and he was the same as always; happy, wanting to share what he had read from the Book of Mormon, but still lacking the deseos to be baptized and even said, "How will yall understand, that I just don't want to be baptized?". Ah we were just at a loss for what to say, near tears, and just decided to testify one more time. After we testified he grabbed his Book of Mormon, read a scripture, and excused himself. About 5 minutes later he came back and invited us to his baptism for this Friday! What?!! Ahh it was such a miracle and tender mercy from the Lord. I'm so excited for him. He told us the next day, I'm going to get baptized because it's a commandment of the Lord. Wow. What faith. Sometimes there are times in our lives when we just don't understand why we have to do certain things, but we do it anyways because it's a commandment of the Lord. Ah I love this gospel. The church is so true. And there is so much power in the Book of Mormon! Alcides is 20 years old and he wants to go on a mission too! If he goes through the temple in a year, I might just have to extend my mission so I can go through with him! Puede ser! Love yall so much! Please drop the cane on Ty for not writing...there are no excuses for that! I hope your week isn't too crazy this week! Be safe. I'm praying for yall!!

Love,

Hermanita Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment